What can I do at dailwatch.ie?
Dailwatch.ie allows you to:
- Find the politicians that represent your constituency in the Dáil.
- Question your representatives in a public environment
- Access each politician's previous speeches and committee membership
- View how each TD's voting records
- You can also sign up for our free newsletter.
You do not need to register for any of the features, and the service is free of charge.
How do I ask a question?
Each TD has his or her own profile on the website. At the bottom of his or her profile, you will find a box where you can submit your question.
How can I find my representative's profile?
There are two options:
- You can click on the TD's district on the map
- If you already know your representative's name, you can just type the Name into the "search box" at the top of the page
How do you ensure a fair and issue-based dialogue on dailwatch.ie?
Every question and answer is checked by a team of moderators before the question/answer goes online. This system guarantees that contributions which are insulting, abusive or intrusive are not published on dailwatch.ie. If the moderators refuse to clear a question/answer, both the candidate and the questioner will be informed accordingly. This ensures a maximum of transparency. The moderation Code of Conduct is available here.
Who is behind all this?
The idea originated from a German non-profit charity Parlamentwatch e.V and was introduced to the Irish market by student Sarah O'Neill with the support of Ashoka Ireland following their Change Nation Summit. The initiative is funded by The Rowntree Trust and personal donors.
Does it cost me anything to ask a question?
The dialogue between voters and candidates is free of charge. The project is financed through a grant of The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust. The website also relies on donations from the public.